Thursday, July 8, 2010

GOOD MORNING OATMEAL

GOOD MORNING! This is what I am eating for breakfast these days. Not only is it providing some fruit, but it is causing me to drop pounds...a nice little bonus! :) Oatmeal is also excellent for anyone who needs to lower their cholesterol levels.

Summer Oatmeal

2/3 cup water
1/3 cup quick cooking oatmeal ( I am using Quaker 1 minute)
strawberries, many, many strawberries, cut up
1 scoop of vanilla whey powder
2 tbsp of ground flax seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
two little coffee sized packages of stevia
cinnamon

Cook oatmeal according to package directions
When oatmeal is boiling, throw in the strawberries, stir, and let them boil. They will actually maintain their shape quite well
Turn the heat down a bit and add the whey powder and ground flax seeds, stir well
Add vanilla extract and stir well.
After the oatmeal is in the bowl, sprinkle with stevia and cinnamon.

I never thought I would like a breakfast such as this, but now I am lying in bed waiting for it. I also tried it with blueberries, and it worked fine, but made the overall dish look grey, which was not appetizing. Would also be really good with apples in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment